Sunday, April 12, 2009

Those hills are killer

The morning rain had me worried about how our day might go. I was way off, yay! It has become a spectacularly sunny day, warm and perfectly lovely. My only regret is letting the early morning storm change my clothing plans, I should have worn the skirt anyway since it's about 80 now. This has been a pretty idyllic setting for a new city adventure.


The Whole Foods is incredible, I have never seen such a large grocery store. It has a parking garage and it easily 5 times the size of the one at home. Every department was larger, they offer cooking classes, offer at least 5 food bars and several small cafes. Each in-store cafe counter has themed foods, such as a pasta counter and a seafood counter. Want!


We spent time walking S. Congress, locally called SoCo, filled with locally owned shops and food stands. After a couple hours walking around downtown and through SoCo my legs were begging for a break. Good thing for Dustin, who needed time to charge his phone and work.
We hope to try another local spot for dinner, catch a Texas sunset and settle in for some rest before hitting the road again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment